Training, Workshops, and Lectures
Tertiary Training in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy for Paraprofessionals
This 3-day workshop is designed for helping professionals (e.g. addiction counselors, rehabilitation and case workers)
who have completed the Secondary Paraprofessional certificate training in Rational Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour
Therapy (RE&CBT) and who have continued to use the skills acquired under formal supervision by a supervisor
accredited by the Albert Ellis institute.
The workshop consists of didactic lectures of further exploration of the basic theory of REBT, methods and technique. The workshop will expand on previous knowledge and the application of the skills to a variety of clinical syndromes and situations. Participants will through the use the presentation of their own recorded sessions and peer counselling sessions hone their assessment, case conceptualizations, and intervention skills.
Open to counsellors, nurses, personal support workers, mental health service workers, mental health service providers and other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counsellors, rehabilitation workers)
On completion, participants will:
- Application of RECBT techniques in the rehabilitation of clients with enduring mental disorder
- Application of RECBT techniques in the care of client of various types of personality disorders
- Application of RECBT in the child and family care setting
- Application of RECBT in patient presenting with multiple mental health problems
- Integration of RECBT with other approaches in clinical practice