Training, Workshops, and Lectures
Proficient Certificate Practicum in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy
Professionals will further their knowledge of Rational Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Participants will
receive up to date information on Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy research and its clinical applications. In
addition, candidates will receive individual supervision in small groups.
Note: Paraprofessional certificate holders are not eligible.
- Live demonstrations of therapy sessions
- 14 hours of lectures on advanced assessment strategies, case conceptualization and intervention skills
- 12 hours of small group supervised practice of REBT and CBT skills
Open to psychologists, counselors, social workers, physicians, nurses, and graduate students. Minimum qualification for is a master's degree in psychology or counseling, M.S.W., M.D., or R.N.
On completion, participants will:
- Comprehensive strategies for challenging clients’ dysfunctional thinking and creating new rational philosophies
- To develop case conceptualizations of REBT and CBT for numerous clinical disorders
- To integrate affective and behavioral interventions into each session of therapy
- To understand the theory, research, and clinical intervention on self-schemes and self-worth