Training, Workshops, and Lectures
Primary Practicum in Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy for Health Care Professionals
This educational opportunity is designed to introduce participants to the theory and practice of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy (REBT), the pioneering form of cognitive behaviour therapy. It will give participants an opportunity to practice REBT under supervision and observe other participants and therapists using the REBT techniques.
Prior training in REBT or other forms of CBT is an asset.
Open to counsellors, nurses, personal support workers, mental health service workers, mental health service providers and other helping professionals (e.g., alcoholism counsellors, rehabilitation workers)
On completion, participants will:
- Understand and apply the REBT theory of emotional disturbance and change
- Apply the ABC model to a wide range of clinical issues
- Identify, challenge and dispute clients' dysfunctional thoughts
- Construct and teach clients how to have new adaptive thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Apply the REBT principles and intervention strategies to group therapy