The Centre for Rational & Cognitive Therapies staff and affiliated clinicians offer private and confidential psychotherapy. The primary therapeutic approach is based on Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy however the Centre’s clinicians have studied several therapeutic models.
Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy focuses on problems in the here and now. Therapists teach client the relationship between their thinking and the resulting emotions and behaviours. The client is taught to use specific tools and strategies to modify their thoughts in a manner that results in life enhancing functional emotions and healthy behaviours.
Clinical services are delivered as individual, and group therapy formats. The Centre clinicians are experienced in helping individuals with a number of emotional and behavioural problems including but not limited to:
- Emotional disturbances involving anxiety, depression, anger, guilt, shame
- Workplace stress including burnout, performance issues, job loss
- Relationship difficulties including couples, family and workplace
- Problems related to substance use
- Personal performance challenges (procrastination, assertiveness, communication)
- Difficulty with adjusting to lifestyle changes related to medical regimens including smoking cessation, medication adherence
Individuals interested in clinical services can contact us with directly. Referrals can also be made by physicians and other health care providers. Routine clinical summary notes are sent (with client consent) to referring physicians.
The Center clinicians practice within professional standards of practice and ethical guidelines. Client confidentiality and privacy of health information is maintained in accordance to applicable legislation.
Clinical services at the Centre are not covered by provincial health insurance (OHIP). Many extended health insurance plans will cover some or all of the fees.
For more information about our clinical service please contact us.